Trying to Edit Short Film

With my short films clips all arranged in the same place, my group started editing. Since I had already looked through the clips from the first day of filming my partner was able to start editing them. The editing software my group is using is called DaVinci Resolve. My partner uses his laptop to edit the short film. My group is able upload the videos from each others phones to each others laptops. This is how I sorted the videos previously. I had moved the videos on to the laptop, then into folder, and finally into the editing software. While looking through the videos that were filmed on the second filming day, I found a problem. A few videos were affected by the wind in a way that made them unusable. This was because the iPhone cameras seem to auto focus. This had apparently been a problem that was overlooked because the wind was causing the camera to keep trying to focus on something. This gave the videos the effect that there was a slight zooming in and out where the camera became unfocused. Though some clips were still usable, I had to decide not to use about thirty seconds worth of videos. To make up for this my group decided the best option would be to slightly modify the plan. My group decided to keep the ending of the short film but change the way it is shown. My group decided to halt the editing process for now and create a poster that would be used to signify the ending for the short film. The main character in my short film is kidnapped at the end of the short film. However, the clips that lead up to this which contained important dialogue were unusable. My group decided to show the leading up to the kidnapping and have it implied through a missing persons poster that the main character was kidnapped. Though it isn't what my group intended to be the ending for the short film, it doesn't change the plot which was an important factor to my partner and I. Though my partner was only able to start editing the first couple transitions in, next my group will actually be able to edit.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Other Information for Final Project

Storyboard

Genre Research: The Meg (2018)