Almost Done Editing Short Film

Before my short film is done I need to finish editing. Now that the music choices have been made I can edit them into what has already been edited so far. The first half of the short film goes with the first audio choice. The audio is loud enough to hear but not too loud because there is still a voice over. After I edited in the first audio, I started editing the rest of the second half of the film. The transitions I used the most for this part of the editing are called cross dissolve and smooth cut. The main character is seen searching in these clips. With this in mind, I thought the use of these transitions would make the scenes flow the best. The audio for these scenes is also mysterious and dramatic. This helps set the mood of the scene and prepares for the plot twist. A couple clips had some unwanted signs in the background. To avoid the sign from being seen I cropped the videos and adjusted the frame. This didn't change anything about the video except for the ability to see the signs in the background as well as making the video slightly more zoomed in. I also wanted to make the audio align with the events of the short film better. To do this I tried to align the parts in the music that had more going on with the more active parts of the scenes. This helps the short film emphasize that the main character is searching for clues. The lighting of these clips was a little brighter than what I wanted. However, the only other option would be to use a filter or change the brightness. Using a filter wouldn't work because it would mean everything would need one. Changing the brightness wouldn't work because it made some things too difficult to see. In all, I decided it would be best to leave the clips lighting alone even though it would look better a bit less bright. Though, the first half has lighting the way I wanted so it should still set the mood somewhat well. Other than the editing that is now done, I just need to finalize any changes to the short film. What's left is to look everything over and complete the final draft. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing Blog 2

Intro

Short Film Critical Reflection