Actually Editing The Short Film

My group was able to work on the editing for the short film. I got to work putting in transitions. One of the benefits on the editing software my group is using is that it has built in transitions that can be inserted into the short film. Some examples of the transition options are dissolves, fades, and slides. I also made sure the timing was right for most of the clips. Some clips lead directly into another so I had to make sure to align them well. Due to this, some clips were shortened a few seconds each. However, the time that was removed will be made up for later in the film. There was a lot of voice over work that went into the scenes that were edited. To make sure the audio is completely understandable, the main audio from the clips had to be muted. There are some background noises in the clips that make them completely unusable. For example, there was a dog barking, cars driving by, and people playing at the playground by the park. This isn't what I would have preferred to happen but the dialogue is very important. Also, there will eventually be music playing. Due to this, a viewer probably wouldn't be able to hear the noises from the main clips anyways. My group had filmed some important camera angles in the first half like wide angles, over-the-shoulder angles, and even close-ups. These shots were all edited together. There is a lot going on in the clips from the first day of filming. With this in mind my group was only able to start working of the second half of the film. A couple clips were worked on but not much. Next I will finish editing these scenes.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing Blog 2

Intro

Short Film Critical Reflection