Now that my group is finished with filming I started to edit. My group decided on an editing software. This did not take long since each group member has a little bit of experience with editing software due to previous projects. I shortly visited the idea of some free services that would allow me to mainly use my laptop. However, after entertaining the idea in a group discussion, I then decided against it because it would limit the overall ability of my group to move clips and sounds across platforms. Instead I decided it would be the best choice to use iMovie as my groups editing software for this film. This is because all group members are able to use it and I have a little bit of past experience using the software. Before I started to edit, my group members and I gathered all of the scenes filmed into one folder. I was able to do this pretty easily because my group members sent the already filmed scenes into a group chat I made through iMessage. To make moving the clips into iMovie ...
When it came to choosing music and sound effects my group decided it would be best to either use YouTube or iMovie. Though I could have tried get permission to use music that is usually copyrighted, my group decided against this because it would likely take a long wait. Also, the music my group needed for the clips was very find. After deciding on this my group then chose between YouTube and iMovie to use music from. YouTube has a large array of copyright free music. However, the music, jingles, and sound effects are included with iMovie on a royalty free basis. Also, it is much more efficient to use the iMovie option especially because my group is using iMovie to edit. Due to this my group decided to go with the iMovie option. I then spent a while looking through all of the music options iMovie provides. There are many choices but I was specifically looking for music that had a somewhat suspenseful feeling to it. Though my genre is sci-fi, my group was trying to give a suspenseful moo...
Scene 1: An establishing shot of the forest and surrounding area, panning from left to right. Scene 2: Close-ups on pieces of scenery, shown in close sequence. This will last from five to seven seconds. Scene 3: Close ups of scientific equipment on the forest floor. This will last for approximately five seconds. Scene 4: Long or wide shot of actors working through the forest, panning to follow as they walk, will last for about seven seconds. Scene 5: Medium long shot- filmed on eye level- of the actors speaking. This will last approximately ten seconds. Scene 6: High angle medium shot of equipment being set up. This will last for about seven seconds. Scene 7: Medium shot of a man at a computer with papers around him, filmed at eye level. This will last for around ten seconds as dialogue takes place. Scene 8: A close up shot of the man’s computer, possibly filmed as a POV or over-the-shoulder shot. This will last for around five seconds. Scene 9: An extreme close up of a bag of so...
Comments
Post a Comment